Tuesday, November 29, 2016

NaNo Update and the Online Store

Hey, strangers!

NaNoWriMo and my novel rather took on a life of their own this year, and Life went and happened in November.

Nothing Ventured has survived the initial writing, and is now in the 1st revision stages. I would like to have it revised far enough by mid-January that I can enter it in the RWA Golden Heart competition, which feels like a really lofty goal for a first novel. But it's pushing me forward, so I'm not second-guessing it.

I met my goal of 50,000 words around the 20th, but the story wasn't done, so I kept going, pushing through until I hit the end of the plot. Unfortunately, I discovered that sometimes, you fall in love with your characters, and it's really freaking hard to let go of their story. Thankfully, the Universe invented revision, so I can spend more time with them before releasing them into the wider world.

I also learned that having a solid support team is critical to finishing. Those that cheered me on, followed my endless stream of progress posts on Twitter and Facebook, and those that playfully whispered, "I hate you," while congratulating me. I've discovered I can only manage a project this big and involved with a support team that puts up with random crying jags, temper tantrums when printers fail, and really late nights devoted to writing (and a few nights of crappy dinners because I couldn't spare the brain cells to come up with anything more interesting than frozen pizza).

And so, as November draws to a close, I'm starting to shift my attention to building the actual online store for Sage Wolfsong Creations. Over the next few weeks, I'll be opening up my shop on Shopify with my own domain name, and migrating the blog to integrate with the store. I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for this.

More to come in the next few days and weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment